Sunday, April 4, 2021

Drunken Fist



As mentioned previously,  I have chosen to create my own drunken style hand form.  I anticipated this would be difficult but was excited about the challenge.  My excitement has been tempered with aches and pains and a dash of "what the heck was I thinking?". I do have my form completed, sort of.  It is conceived from start to finish, I am just not able to physically do it quite yet.  It does look pretty awesome when I run an agile teenager through the form step by step.  

I am progressing with my flexibility, agility and strength, but still have a long way to go.  Most of my time spent related to this form is focused on specific exercises and stretches to build on those three areas (Thank you Ms. Ferris, you hip stretches couldn't have come at a better time).  I think it may take some time before I am able to complete all the techniques in my form.  I have pondered about creating a 'watered down" version and add the techniques as I am able to do them, I am just not sure how that would affect my final product.

For now, I will stay the course, slow and steady.

Thanks for reading.


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slumps and Starting Anew

In my last post, I spoke about routines and how I was really focusing on my routine while away.  Being mindful and flexible with my routine ...