For me, the tournament this weekend was an excellent opportunity for this. My priority as of late has been my drunken form. I have found it exceptionally difficult and challenging, especially developing it in a way that I can physically do it while keeping it somewhat authentic. Finding that balance of pushing myself beyond my current limits but not to the point of injury or overload. I am comfortable where this is at and I will continue to develop it. One thing I have realized is my journey with this form/style has only just begun.
Now, I also had the opportunity to see where I let a few balls drop, or more accurately slam me right in the face. A tennis ball to be specific. Prepping for a tournament or demonstration serves as a good tool to ensure you are where you want or need to be with respect to forms, skills etc. My drunken form is what kept me up at night (literally) so that's where my focus was. What became glaringly obvious is that I have neglected my rope dart form. This has now become the priority, however it can't be at the cost of anything else. I need to find that balance, to multi-task to ensure I have progression in multiple areas, even beyond these two forms.
Thanks for reading.
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment