We are almost one month into the year of the Lion and I decided to do a status check to see where I am. I probably need to do this more often as only one month in and I have already lost sight of some timelines and scheduled goals I have made for myself to stay on track for the entire year.
So where am I?
I have struggled with my diet and associated weight lost. Although it is just an excuse, I know additional stressors in my life right now have not made this one easier. Awareness is the first step to rectify this and check! I am aware. Step two is the plan to resolve or mitigate the situation. Lets say half check. This is a work in progress, but as my daily, weekly and even monthly routines are about to take a major detour this will be something that will continue evolve. Step three is just do it. No check here. But there will be soon.
Each month I have planned certain writing assignments pertaining to the black belt grading requirements. I am behind slightly on this as it is the end of February. I will catch up on this soon.
My numbers, oh my numbers. I am doing well in some areas and not so well in others.
I have developed an excellent routine at work for getting steps and KMs in. Every time a colleague came to discuss something with me, I made them walk and talk. I am currently at 150/135 km. Acts of kindness are at 122/108. In discussing these numbers and requirements with one of my staff members, they suggested each step I get someone else to do with me should be an AOK. If that were the case, I would be set for many years to come. My sparring numbers are close at 98/108. Push up and sit up numbers are not good, I am about half way of where I should be (2320/4860). I am aware and making these a priority as they will help me in other areas. My forms are also quite low at 24/108 for drunken style and 10/108 for my weapon form. Again these are a priority and now that I have my weapon built, these will improve.
All in all I am behind, but am not only hopeful and optimistic, but excited and confident that the next few months (although anticipated to be stressful and challenging) will also allow for routine and focus.
Thanks for reading
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment