Last week I blogged about my health and my journey this past year or so getting to this point. As I stated, I have had to alter the way I approach my training. This is still a work in progress, however I needed to break this down to keep everything organized.
This what I came up with:
- Physical requirements I can do at this given moment.
- Physical requirements I can do at this given moment with modification.
- Non-physical requirements.
- Finding alternatives to physical requirements that I will not be able to for some time
- Learning to identify, accept and overcome temporary limitations.
- Accepting that there may be some things that I may not be able to do.
Through-out the years, I have come to realize that I am an "all or nothing" kinda guy. Meaning, if I can't do everything and do it the way my ego dictates, I do nothing. Obviously, that hasn't served me well. I have also realized I have a huge ego problem. Now I don't go strutting around flashing my six shooters, at least I hope I don't! But I struggle with my own expectations of certain things and I feel like my forms, kicks, etc. should look and be like other students, instructors and martial artists. Now, I know that this isn't realistic and I know I should always be striving to be better, but my brain forgets that sometimes and the "all or nothing, right now" creeps in.
I will be working though and blogging about the above points in the weeks to come.
Numbers
Thanks for reading
Mike

No comments:
Post a Comment