In my last post, I spoke about routines and how I was really focusing on my routine while away. Being mindful and flexible with my routine proved to be successful while I was away. Unfortunately, what I did not do was put the same effort and mindfulness into my routine when I returned.
I can list a bunch of reasons why I didn't fall back into a routine, but at the end of the day, they are just reasons. It is important for me to acknowledge them to avoid this situation again. But regardless, I didn't prioritize my training nor did I react to competing priorities mindfully, I kinda just went into a fight or flight mode.
As I look back at the past few weeks, my numbers definitely suffered. I feel like I fell into a slump. I now need to get out of that slump and start anew. This last sentence feels like deja vu. I know I have posted something similar in the past, but I grateful I caught this as soon as I did, because a few days can turn into a few weeks and then a few months very easily.
Numbers
Thanks for reading
Mike

habits can be awesome to keep us going. But they can also lead to stagnation.
ReplyDeleteIt is great you caught this right away and that you are able to get back into it.
Where’s your next blog at?
ReplyDelete