As I mentioned previously, a lot of consideration has gone into my requirements this year. I have assessed where I am, where I need to be and the best, most appropriate way to connect the dots.
All of my personal goals as well as my weapon and hand forms have been chosen for specific reasons. I have a lot that I need to accomplish this year, but I need to do it in a focused and sustainable way. Having said that, I feel that I have chosen fairly ambitious forms. I will be creating my own rope dart form as well as studying and developing my own drunken form. As ambitious as they are, they have a specific purpose. Not only am I excited to learn something new, I am excited to develop my flow, my core and the finesse needed for the rope dart. Additional development of my core as well as my agility and flexibility is anticipated through my study of the drunken style.
These, like most of my goals and requirements this year are meant to be tools, not obligations or things to check off. They are the figurative pencil to connect my dots. They ARE a pencil as this is a journey I have not taken before and I am sure I will need to do some erasing and redrawing many times this year.
Thanks for reading!
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment