Sunday, April 18, 2021

The Progression Shuffle

 


Ah, nothing like the sweet enchantment of an alluring dance.  Often characterized by it's slow and precise movements, the Progression Shuffle is a common frolic among those seeking mastery.  

This ancient and rare dance can be difficult to recognize by the untrained eye.  What appears to be random movements in different directions are often described as cyclic in nature.  The signature moves of two steps forward, one step backwards followed by the one step forward, two step backwards can be used in a variety of combination and repetition.  Occasionally, one can witness an experienced practitioner attempting the perilous one step forward, five steps backward followed by a series of singular steps interchanging between directions. This, if done properly (typically slow and calculated) will usually precede the all so desired multiple successional steps forward.

Currently, it feels like I have just taken my five steps backwards with respect to my kicks.  I have recently discovered (or had them pointed out - semantics really) some small and some not so small issues with several of my kicking techniques.  It feels like I am learning to kick all over again.  Today's kicks felt like an exercise in humility, however I do understand if I take my time, progress properly and develop better technique, I will hopefully find myself rewarded with the coveted successional steps forward.

Thanks for reading.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slumps and Starting Anew

In my last post, I spoke about routines and how I was really focusing on my routine while away.  Being mindful and flexible with my routine ...