In follow up to my previous post regarding pain, soreness and progression, I am still finding myself struggling with this. It is important to listen to your body. I am listening, but I do not understand what it is saying. Similar to that classic movie scene where two people are stuck in a situation with each other but speak completely different languages, I feel like I am fumbling around trying to decipher minute clues, blank expressions and frantic hand waving and gestures (and yes, some of the gestures are not PG).
Beyond the pain of specific injuries, it feels that everything I do culminates in lower/mid back pain or aches. Whether it's the stretches and exercises that I am doing to fix my shoulder issues, working on my numbers, doing my kicks or walking for a few kilometers I feel it in my lower back. I try to modify with some success but it's still there. I take some time off, rest, allow my body to heal, but that doesn't seem to help either. Rest seems to bring stiffness and tightness again which ends up in the lower back.
I am sure my solution rests in that fine balance between rest and activity. I am continuing to change habits around sitting and posture and be mindful of when I am spending countless hours at a desk. I just need to find the right combination and that elusive sweet spot. But until then, I will continue to play charades and maybe enlist an interpreter.
Thanks for reading.
Mike

No comments:
Post a Comment