That's an important question.
So important in fact you really need to ask yourself that on a regular basis. Like every day regular or even every hour regular.
It helps ground you and keep you in the moment. You also need to ask yourself this question from the big scheme perspective. Where am I compared to where I want to be? What is my trajectory? Am I moving in the right direction or do I need to make a course correction?
If you stop asking yourself "where am I?", you will loose your bearing. If you have no idea where you are, you cannot get to where you want to be. And in reality, it is very easy to wander off course or even just stray a degree or two off. Even one degree can put you in the middle of nowhere if you wait too long before checking your coordinates.
It has definitely been way too long since I have asked myself that question. But a few weeks ago I did. and I have several times since. I have climbed a few trees, looked around and got my bearings. I am making my way back to the trail and have a plan in place to get there.
Now, for the second part of that question "what am I doing?", well that is a whole other topic for another day. Stay tuned.
Thanks for reading.
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment