Sunday, February 6, 2022

Hello Lion, Goodbye Ox

As I reflect on the past year, I recognize some successes and some, well, not quite successes.  I definitely did not accomplish everything that I wanted, but I also know that I achieved more this past year than previous years. In order to move forward and build on the successes, I need to reflect on and understand why I didn't accomplish certain things.  

My motivation for being a part of the I Ho Chuan team is simply to become better. A better martial artist, a better father, husband, son and friend.  To work towards better physical, mental and spiritual health.   If I could only use one word to summarize where I fell short this year (and for that matter, all previous years), it would be focus.

  • Focus on my goals and requirements for the year.  Keep them in front of me always. Review them regularly.
  • Focus on my intent.  Why am I doing what I am doing?
  • Focus on the here and now.  Where am I an what am I doing?
I have what we call a wee little span of attention.  I typically start strong on whatever I am doing, but I get distracted and sidetracked.  

So simply put, this year's focus is going to be focus.

This year is definitely going to have it's challenges, but I am starting anew.  I am taking what I have learned from my successes and not so successes and I am moving forward.

Thanks for reading.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slumps and Starting Anew

In my last post, I spoke about routines and how I was really focusing on my routine while away.  Being mindful and flexible with my routine ...