Tuesday, April 23, 2024

How Cluttered Is Your Desk?

So far this year, the theme of my blogs and thus my journey, has been about healing, recovering, progressing and finding the balance between these and many other priorities.  But as I navigate these, I have found myself getting overwhelmed, losing track where I am and where I am going.  

I have felt this before, in fact this is not foreign to me.

Several years ago, roughly 2 or 3 or 15, I noticed as I got busier at work and pulled in several directions with many competing priorities and timelines, I would get that feeling.  I would eventually, get my feet back under me and get back on track, but this cycle continued, in fact I'd say it still continues.  

I started paying attention to my environment and myself in that environment when these sensations of being overwhelmed and lost (for lack of a better term), and I found my canary in the mine. I noticed that when things were building and getting hectic, my desk would get cluttered, as well as my virtual desktop and my inbox. Now one could argue this could be a cause or affect, but regardless, one of my first priorities when this happens is to declutter all those areas.

What does this mean to kung fu?  Well, I think it is directly related.  

In an effort to push my progress, I have signed up for seven events at the tiger challenge.  Needless to say, I was feeling overwhelmed about 6 seconds after I hit the submit button.  But I took a step back, took a deep breath and decluttered my "kung fu desk". I have clearly identified my intent with participating in each of these events as well my goals for each one.  I have also formulated a plan and process to reach these goals.  Now all that is left is to just do it.

Weekly Numbers:


Thanks for reading


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slumps and Starting Anew

In my last post, I spoke about routines and how I was really focusing on my routine while away.  Being mindful and flexible with my routine ...