Now, I feel if you are skimming this post it is going to seem like I am talking out of both sides of my mouth as I need to mention the importance of quantity and consistency with blogging is still important as long as you have the quality.
I have learned a lot this past year, from both positive and negative experiences. The importance of recognizing an opportunity to learn and gain insight has never been so prevalent as it has been this year for me. Unfortunately, I have not taken the opportunity in real time to share those experiences and insights with others. As a senior student, I haven't been very good at leading by example and providing the opportunity for others to learn from my journey.
I recall many Sifus and Sihings over the years that I looked up to. Leaders that set the example for the rest of us, they helped set the bar of what it meant to be to study kung fu, to grade for a black belt, to be a black belt and to follow the path of mastery. For me, being away from the kwoon so much over the past few years, this something I have missed. Then it had dawned on me, and by that I mean a Sifu smacked me in the head with the reality that I am one of the leaders that need to be setting that example now. I can honestly say that something so obvious was lost on me.
I will do better.
I may already be a day late and a dollar short, but I will endeavor to share these insights.
Numbers
Thanks for reading
Mike

No comments:
Post a Comment