I've seen a few posts as of late regarding core exercises and strengthening your core. With a core muscle injury, this has been an issue and a focus of mine for a few years now. I am sure I have commented on it before but I feel like it has been a bit of a trial and error process. Another focus of mine, although different but very closely related, is developing my breathing while I have my core engaged. This has been a part of my push up and sit up regime and I have also been working on my breathing while planking.
I have definitely seen a significant improvement this past year by adding this component to my daily routine but I still find that my back gets aggravated by what seems like minimalistic movements. Twisting in the kitchen, get up or getting down to do exercises and what not.
Then as silly as it seems it dawned on me to mindfully and purposefully engage my core during all of these activities. Sadly it struck me while watching a movie where the characters were about to get into a collision and one of them (who happened to be a stunt person) said to the other, "ENGAGE YOUR CORE! ENGAGE YOUR CORE!" to minimize injury.
So, I have been mindfully practicing that. Again, it's been a matter of trial and error, but I think it has been helping.
Numbers
Thanks for reading
Mike

No comments:
Post a Comment