Sunday, July 10, 2022

The One Man Wolf Pack

Happy Sunday everyone, 

Congratulations to everyone who competed in the tournament this weekend. I wish we could have been there. 

I really miss the energy and excitement that comes with being there in person. Not just the tournament, but the Kwoon and all the activities. But for now, I will stay the course. 

Activities like the tournament or the pandemonium or the breakathon or the seminars or the boot camps, are great tools for engagement. Especially if you feel that your engagement is waning, as it always does. Doesn’t matter who you are, your motivation, your engagement, your perspective will be challenged here and there. 

Being distanced from the team and the school has been difficult for this reason as well. One thing I have tried to do is create my own opportunities for renewed excitement and perspective. Every few weeks I have added something new to the apartment that will assist me with my goals. My heavy bag, a pull up bar and some resistance bands are some examples. When I find myself starting to get in a rut, I try to change it up. Add something new or changing something in my routine is usually enough to add renewed excitement with training. 

The one thing I have learned this year, is what I am capable of while I am distanced. I don’t say alone as I am definitely not alone, my supports and network are there. They are just distanced.  For the most part, my motivation is on me to develop and maintain. For me, this is important. My team, my mentors, my network may not always be there. This has been a great exercise in self reflection and analysis to ensure I continue on my path even when I may feel alone. 

Thanks for reading. 

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slumps and Starting Anew

In my last post, I spoke about routines and how I was really focusing on my routine while away.  Being mindful and flexible with my routine ...