Sunday, January 29, 2023

Consistent Action


 

As the year of the Tiger comes to a close and I find myself reflecting on this past year, I ask myself what went well, what didn't go well and what am I going to do different this year?

I have made my list of general and some specific areas that I need to improve upon (just like I have done in previous years).  I have developed simple and in depth plans on how to improve in these areas (just like I have done in previous years). If I break down my previous years to see where and even when I have struggled, it is clear.  All the self-awareness, goal setting and planning is futile without follow-through and consistent action.  That is the where (or what, I suppose); however, the when is a bit more organic and elusive. 

When have I lost focus, strayed from routine, stopped tracking my progress, stopped progressing or even started to regress?  I know for me, I am nowhere near the concept of effortless effort.  Everything I do each and every day with respect to my journey towards mastery is an effort.  Somedays it is a minimal effort, somedays it is a tremendous effort.  I think I struggle when those days of needing more Kung Fu effort collide with days that I need more work effort or even more home effort.

It is inevitable that those days are all going to collide, but what I need to figure out is how to mitigate the negative effects of those days and ensure that nothing is lost in the process of prioritizing where I need to invest my efforts.  When I think of effort, there is the physical effort of course, but I find it more of the mental effort.  When I start getting inundated with multiple pressures and even moods, it is hard not to get overwhelmed and start losing track of priorities.

What am I going to do different this year? Well, I don't think I have it all figured out yet, but I know as a start, I need to keep focus on consistent action in  working toward my goals.

Thanks for reading.


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slumps and Starting Anew

In my last post, I spoke about routines and how I was really focusing on my routine while away.  Being mindful and flexible with my routine ...