Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Balance

This past week I have continued to look for balance.  Afterall, balance is integral to almost everything.  I have continued to progress and build my body back to where I was previously and to hopefully surpass that level of fitness.  As I work through an old injury I need to find the balance between progression and healing. I have attended more classes in person these past few weeks than I have in the past few years. By the end of class yesterday I was definitely in more pain than I have been in a long time. I could barely get in or out of my car.  This coupled with the lingering fatigue and respiratory issues post COVID, I was very frustrated and felt defeated by the time I got home.  

But today was a new day.  I woke up and I was in mild to moderate pain which was reasonably controlled with over the counter medication.  This was an improvement.  I am in pain again tonight but it is tolerable and will be controlled again with minor medications so I can sleep. This too is an improvement. 

I will continue to strive toward finding that balance but I also understand that pain will be part of that journey.  The plan is as I heal and progress the pain will continue to subside.  Fingers crossed.



Thanks for reading.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slumps and Starting Anew

In my last post, I spoke about routines and how I was really focusing on my routine while away.  Being mindful and flexible with my routine ...