Yesterday, I attended the level II adult class in person for the first time in a very long time. There was apprehension and anxiety mixed with a bit of excitement and anticipation. I wasn't sure what to expect as I wasn't sure how my back would fair after a full class. I am also just getting over my first bout of COVID. I have been asymptomatic, but wasn't sure how I would react to increased activity.
Well, the good news is the back is feeling good. I am definitely sore but not in pain like I used to be. That is a major win for this year. I have had some issues after class with increased coughing and congestion but that progressed today but I guess is to be expected.
As for class, it was great. It was awesome to be on the mats again. It was challenging but not overwhelming.
I have really had to practice starting anew this year. Each day and each week has been a challenge with illness and such. I can honestly say that I haven't been that sick in a very long time. I slept for about 5 days straight and isolated in a fairly confined space. Forms and some requirements have definitely a challenge. I am not where I want to be already which is very frustrating early on in the year, but maybe it's good to get these hurdles out of the way early.
Despite the challenges so far, I am still progressing and am optimistic.
Thanks for reading
Mike

I am glad you are feeling better! I saw you on the mats on Monday and was sad that I couldn't talk to you! I am looking forward to when things have calmed down for me and I can meet you on the mats again!
ReplyDelete